Did you know that this year the district has a subscription to TrueFlix for elementary schools and FreedomFlix for middle schools? Trueflix offers dozens of nonfiction multimedia resources to supplement social studies and science, and Freedomflix offers students a behind-the-scenes look at the people, places, and events that shaped our world. Both of these resources are published through Scholastic and can be used at home or school, and on mobile devices. At school, no username and passwords are needed. To use at home, students and staff do need a username and password. See your MRC Director for the username and password.
In these resources, each topic contains:
- Short videos
- Online True book from Scholastic
- Explore More links to short biographies, poems, primary source materials
- Project ideas
- Activity center has a quiz and word match
- Explore the Web links to other websites
- Browse All – gives F&P level
- Resources – gives overview
- Click on the green star on the book’s main page for lesson plans
- Curriculum Correlations lets you align by standards
Want to know more? Here is a quick tutorial about TrueFlix!